Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to split my pension income with my wife, have entered all the info but don't see evidence that TT has actually done this. Where is it shown?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I want to split my pension income with my wife, have entered all the info but don't see evidence that TT has actually done this. Where is it shown?

If you are using TurboTax online the deduction for elected split pension income will show up on line 210 of your return and will show up as pension income line 115 of your wife's return.  You can check this by going to the Detailed Tax Summary.  Click on the Review Tab on top navigation bar.  Choose Bottom Line (tax summaries).  When you get to the next page click on Detailed Tax Summary (bottom left hand side).  Here you will be able to see the pension split.

If you are using TurboTax download, Click on View Tax Summary (top right hand corner of the screen).  You will see the pension split under Deduction on your return and on Pension income on your wife's return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If you are using TurboTax online the deduction for elected split pension income will show up on line 210 of your return and will show up as pension income line 115 of your wife's return.  You can check this by going to the Detailed Tax Summary.  Click on the Review Tab on top navigation bar.  Choose Bottom Line (tax summaries).  When you get to the next page click on Detailed Tax Summary (bottom left hand side).  Here you will be able to see the pension split.

If you are using TurboTax download, Click on View Tax Summary (top right hand corner of the screen).  You will see the pension split under Deduction on your return and on Pension income on your wife's return.