Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kair69

Should I as a canadian report $80US dividend income on Premiere turbotax or I am better off not do it?

I am a canadian and have invested in my employer's stock since 2017. I had an $80US Dividend income in 2018 and $29US dividend income in 2017 which I didn't report last year.

Is necessary for me to report them since they are so low and if yes can I report both this year on my 2018 return, and lastly where on premiere turbotax should I enter the figures?

3 Replies

Should I as a canadian report $80US dividend income on Premiere turbotax or I am better off not do it?

Is it a 1099-DIV form?
kair69

It is titled "Form 1042-S Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding". Its Amendment number is 1801211819. There is no 1099-DIV anywhere on the form.

It’s all done under the Income tab – Tslips – Foreign Income.

Also, enter any taxes paid to the US as well.

Here is more on this form from TurboTax - What do I do with Form 1042-S from the IRS? - https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2648058