Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 2017 rrsp deduction limit shows I have $2,175.94 in my limit. My wife has $19.00 in hers. We are both over 80, this limit appears year after year. Can I use it ?

The RRSP Limit appears to be from when I was eligible to use to reduce my taxes. We have long since passed the age eligibility.

I no longer have either a RRSP or RRIF, what can I do?

3 Replies

My 2017 rrsp deduction limit shows I have $2,175.94 in my limit. My wife has $19.00 in hers. We are both over 80, this limit appears year after year. Can I use it ?

The year you turn 71 is the last year in which you can make a contribution to your RRSP.

You can contribute to an RRSP under which your spouse or common-law partner is the annuitant until the end of the year your spouse or common-law partner turns 71.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this carry-on forever. Can I remove it from my return?

TurboTaxHeba
Intuit Alumni

the RRSP limit from CRA can't be removed especially if you are using AFR (Auto Fill my Return) where you import your information from the CRA "My Account".

You can change the value manually from the RRSP profile page (left-side menu). However, next year when you use AFR again it will populate automatically.

I hope this was helpful