Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krahhal

My employer reimbursed my professional dues, it is a taxable benefit on Releve1. In Receipt section, I am asked if I was reimbursed. Why is that, it's a taxable benefit?

My professional fee are showing as a taxable benefit on the R1 but not on the T4; can I still claim this expense on both returns? if so, how do I reported as income? Does Turbotax include it in income for Federal only by answering "Yes" to the question on the Receipt section "did your employer reimburse you for the professional due?"

Thanks

1 Reply

My employer reimbursed my professional dues, it is a taxable benefit on Releve1. In Receipt section, I am asked if I was reimbursed. Why is that, it's a taxable benefit?

Have you checked your T4 for an amount in box 40? If box 40 is not filled out, you might try to check if it was included with your income on Box 14. Could it be possible that the T4 was not accurately filled out? 

From the information you provided, your professional dues appear to be a taxable benefit. Review the information here: https://turbotax.intuit.ca/tips/how-to-claim-union-dues-on-your-tax-return-5496