Solved: My self-employed income is not being recorded by T...

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

My self-employed income is not being recorded by Turbo Tax as pensionable earnings, therefore CPP is not being calculated properly.

I am preparing my husband's return as well, and Turbo Tax worked to show his self-employed business income as pensionable earnings.  I have tried to override the pensionable earnings field in Business Summary and elsewhere, with no success.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

My self-employed income is not being recorded by Turbo Tax as pensionable earnings, therefore CPP is not being calculated properly.

Is all your income from self employment?  If you also have employed income, is it possible that your employed income plus your net self employed income adds up to greater than $53,600 in 2015?  If so, then any earnings above that amount are not pensionable, as that is the maximum pensionable earnings for 2015.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/pyrll/clcltng/cpp-rpc/cnt-chrt-pf-eng.html

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Highlighted
Level 6

Have you entered his income as business income (sales, commission or fees)?
Highlighted

Yes, it is entered as business income, and so is mine
Highlighted

Is all your income from self employment?  If you also have employed income, is it possible that your employed income plus your net self employed income adds up to greater than $53,600 in 2015?  If so, then any earnings above that amount are not pensionable, as that is the maximum pensionable earnings for 2015.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/pyrll/clcltng/cpp-rpc/cnt-chrt-pf-eng.html

View solution in original post

Highlighted

All my income is from self employment - but if it is above $53,600, the pensionable earnings should at least equal to $53,600, instead of 0.  I have not found a way to override the 0.
Highlighted

I would suggest you use the Proreview service, so that a tax professional can review your return with you.  Without seeing the return, unfortunately we would not know what entries have been made.
Highlighted

My self employment income is not being calculated as well as the expenses.  The amount is showing 0 under self employment income, and cpp is also showing 0.  I have sent over 3 hours trying to call and there are no live people anywhere.  All machines.  I can't believe I cant get an answer on why the self employment income is not calculating.  I'm starting to think that possibly turbo tax software is not calculating properly.  There is something wrong with the company as well.  Not to be able to talk to someone is unacceptable.
Highlighted

Please call us by clicking the following link to the Contact Us page. Then complete the required information. A phone number will appear, along with your incident ID. Call the number. This will ensure that an appropriate agent is assigned to your query:
https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/
We look forward to hearing from you.