Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barryrm

My wifes Income Summary shows $29,653.78, when in fact her income from pensions was $11294.97?

I assume that the Income summary is the total of all our T4, T4As which is correct on my income, but wife's does not match.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My wifes Income Summary shows $29,653.78, when in fact her income from pensions was $11294.97?

When you split your pension with your spouse, you will still see the full amount of the pension you received on your tax return as Pension Income on Line 115. 

Then further down you will notice the amount you are splitting with your spouse is deducted in the next section to arrive at Net Income (Line 210 - Deduction for Split Pension Amount).

Your spouse will have one entry on Line 116.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Did you do Pension splitting?

When you split your pension with your spouse, you will still see the full amount of the pension you received on your tax return as Pension Income on Line 115. 

Then further down you will notice the amount you are splitting with your spouse is deducted in the next section to arrive at Net Income (Line 210 - Deduction for Split Pension Amount).

Your spouse will have one entry on Line 116.