Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No taxes on income in BC I am a senior and I do not pay back with my CPP OAS and Pension

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

No taxes on income in BC I am a senior and I do not pay back with my CPP OAS and Pension

Any income you receive from Canada Pension Plan (T4AP) Old Age Security (T4AOAS) and private pension plans (T4A) is taxable income. Only income from the Guaranteed Income Supplement in Box 21 of your T4AOAS slip is "not taxable".

However, as a senior you have higher personal amounts, therefore you are able to receive more income before it does become taxable. (It could be close to $20,000 depending on your personal situation).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Any income you receive from Canada Pension Plan (T4AP) Old Age Security (T4AOAS) and private pension plans (T4A) is taxable income. Only income from the Guaranteed Income Supplement in Box 21 of your T4AOAS slip is "not taxable".

However, as a senior you have higher personal amounts, therefore you are able to receive more income before it does become taxable. (It could be close to $20,000 depending on your personal situation).