Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
d-grove

Can someone tell me how to enter my spouse's pension income on Line L of Form T1032 (pension splitting) without an override which would rule out netfiling, I suspect?

The Standard version won't let me input my spouse's pension income on line L of Form T1032 (pension splitting) without an override. However, Turbo Tax doesn't, like it usually does, take me to the appropriate form in this case where I can enter this info. We are not using the spousal dual entry option (maybe a mistake). I'm reluctant to use the override in case it makes netfiling impossible.

6 Replies

Can someone tell me how to enter my spouse's pension income on Line L of Form T1032 (pension splitting) without an override which would rule out netfiling, I suspect?

Ps if you want to add your spouse to your return, you can do this in the forms method. Click on the "Forms explorer" in the top blue toolbar and search for "INFO" and select "Personal information dialog". There is a box here to click to process spouse's return as well.
d-grove

My spouse has been processing her own return separately.

You should be able to enter her information using the schedule 2.

Go down the list and enter info from her return there. This will include her income. 

d-grove

Schedule 2 is not the appropriate way to enter this info. After much searching, I found the Pension Income Worksheet where I input the figures which has fixed SOME of the issues with the T1032.

Is there any reason you are not preparing them together?

Turbotax Online Pension split reporting on separate return- Please follow steps below:

Go to Spousal return of the one splitting the income.(Spouse A return)
1. Go to review on left menu panel.
2. Go to Bottom Line(Tax Summaries)
3. Click on "Spouse Name" - Review T1 General. (The file will download, click on it to open - Spouse A T1 General)

Go to Spousal return receiving the split income. (Spouse B return)
1. Go to Additional information about "Spouse A"
2. Was "Spouse A's" net income for 20XX zero? Click -> NO
3. Net Income Line 23600 -> Look up the line from Spouse A T1 General and enter it in.
4. Total Split Income Line 68360 -> Look up the line from Spouse A T1 General and would be the Line 23200 (same as line 68360) and enter in the amount there, if empty enter in 0.00.
5. Enter in the remaining info and click on continue.
6. Click on Income on left menu.
7. Click on Split income with your spouse
8. Click on Spouse A's Pension
9. For "Amount that you wish to split with your spouse," make sure you enter the same amount you entered in your spouses return. Should be the same as Line N on T1032 form in Spouse A T1 General.
10. It will ask you for Line A, O, 68025 and 68026. Look up these in form T1032 in Spouse A T1 General and enter in the info and click continue. 
The amount should now show up under Spouse B's pension income.