Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lli79

Getting an error that CPP contributions or pensionable earnings entered incorrectly. Have checked twice and not so>

38 Replies
KBW
Level 4

Getting an error that CPP contributions or pensionable earnings entered incorrectly. Have checked twice and not so>

Can you please provide a screen shot of the error you get?

I am getting the same error 2020-02-10, I have checked the T4, is there a problem with the program or an error on the T4 that needs to be corrected???

Do you have the correct province selected? If you have CPP contributions on your T4 but you choose Quebec (QC) as a province, you’ll get that error. Same thing if you have QPP contributions but choose a province that’s not Quebec.

WendyDLM
Returning Member

February 20, 2020 I am getting the same error and the info has been typed in exactly as the T4 the province is correct as well as the CPP & EI amounts, will this prevent the return from being netfiled on Monday???

I too am getting this error, CPP contributions error. I checked my T4 several times, I called CRA and they say this is a problem with the software I am using. How do I fix this so I can file?

Ammk84

I am also getting this error, have re-entered my T4 several time with no luck. I called TurboTax on Tuesday and they told me it would be fixed next day. It has not been fixed. I am calling them again now with a 35 minute hold time.

How can this be fixed so I can Netfile?

mabt
Level 2

I am getting the same error and my T4 has been entered correctly.  Clearly this is a Turbo Tax glitch and needs to be addressed.  I have deleted the T4 and I get no error messages.  I re-entered the T4 and the error showed up again.  Please advise. 

CPP/QPP contributions or pensionable earnings have been entered incorrectly. Check the amounts entered on your T4; particularly boxes 10, 14, 16, 17, 26, and 28. If the information entered matches your slips, please contact TurboTax support at https://support.turbotax.intuit.ca/contact/

I contacted support and the woman was no help what so ever.  February 27, 2020

I also have the same problem.  I have employment income (T4) and self-employment (T2125). Data entered from T4 alone poses no REVIEW ERRORS.  However, once I add self-employment income I am getting the REVIEW ERROR CODE "CPP Contributions or Pensionable Earnings entered incorrectly.... check T4...."  
I looked into Schedule 8 which seems to address CPP on Self-Employment income but 4 pages of data calcuation is too much for me. Somewhere within this area the CPP contribution or the CPP Pensionable Earnings is corrupt and causing this error. Please review and provide a fix as I need to file my tax.

mabt
Level 2

I got a call back yesterday.  It is a known problem with t4 and self employment earnings.  They say the fix will come in March 2nd.