- Select Find (or the magnifying glass icon) and type province into the search field.
- Select Province or Territory of Residence from the search results and then select Go.
- On the Where did you live at end of the year step, select Continue.
- On the Did your Canadian residency change step, answer Yes.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and enter the date that applies to you.
We appreciate you choosing TurboTax,
You were out of Canada for 200 days means your residency status has changed.
When your residency status changes, it also changes the way your taxes are calculated. TurboTax gives you an opportunity to indicate when your status changed soon after you start your tax return.
Follow the applicable steps to enter your information into TurboTax:
Instructions for TurboTax Online
Instructions for TurboTax CD/Download
- Select Find (or the magnifying glass icon) and type residency into the search field.
- Select either of the Canadian residency options from the search results and then select Go.
- On the Information step, scroll to the bottom and answer Yes to the question Did your Canadian residency change?
- Follow the onscreen instructions and enter the date that applies to you.
Please visit the link provided for further clarifications:
TurboTax blog: Canadian Tax Obligations If You Live Outside of Canada