Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I file my FTHBP withdrawal?

1 Reply

How do I file my FTHBP withdrawal?

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

Follow the relevant instructions here to enter your Home Buyers' Plan repayment information into TurboTax. Before beginning, enter your RRSP contributions in TurboTax if you haven’t done so already.

Instructions for TurboTax Online

1. Select Find (or the magnifying glass icon) from the menu.
  2. Type home buyers in the Find window.
  3. Select Home Buyers Plan from the list of results, then select Go. The Home Buyers’ Plan (HBP) Profile step appears.
  4. Select Designate an amount as a Home Buyer's Plan repayment, then select Continue. The Home Buyers’ Plan (HBP) step appears.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions, then select Continue.
  6. You’ve successfully entered your Home Buyers’ Plan repayment information. To see a summary, continue until you reach the Here’s your RRSP/PRPP summary step.

Instructions for TurboTax CD/Download

1. Select Find (or the magnifying glass icon) from the menu.
  2. Type home buyers in the Find window.
  3. Select Home Buyers Plan from the list of results, then select Go. The Home Buyers’ Plan (HBP) Profile step appears.
  4. Select Designate an amount as a Home Buyer's Plan repayment, then select Continue. The Home Buyers’ Plan (HBP) step appears.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions, then select Continue. The Details of the Home Buyers’ Plan (HBP) Repayment step appears.
  6. Follow the on-screen instructions, then select Continue.
  7. You’ve successfully entered your Home Buyers’ Plan repayment information. To see a summary, continue until you reach the Here’s your RRSP/PRPP summary step.

For more information please check: Repaying Withdrawals Under the Home Buyers’ Plan

For more information please click on the TurboTax FAQ: How to enter my Home Buyers' Plan repayment information in TurboTax?