Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lola5

How do I input Provincial education amounts? the questionnaire doesn't continue after inputting Federal amounts

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I input Provincial education amounts? the questionnaire doesn't continue after inputting Federal amounts

Unfortunately tuition transfers for Provincial are no longer available, for the provinces of Ontario and  Saskatchewan for 2018 and New Brunswick as of 2017. Tuition is no longer a credit for students in those 3 provinces so there's no money to give. For this reason there is no longer any Provincial area to enter the tuition transfer amount as you seen in previous years.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Unfortunately tuition transfers for Provincial are no longer available, for the provinces of Ontario and  Saskatchewan for 2018 and New Brunswick as of 2017. Tuition is no longer a credit for students in those 3 provinces so there's no money to give. For this reason there is no longer any Provincial area to enter the tuition transfer amount as you seen in previous years.

Lola5

I would suggest that you therefore remove the warning regarding this transfer.

The provincial tuition transfer has been reinstated for New Brunswick, as of the 2019 tax year.  TurboTax does not prompt you for the provincial portion.  In prior years (2016 and earlier) you were prompted for both federal and provincial portions.  TurboTax needs to adjust this for later releases.  A work around is to enter it manually on the NB Schedule 428.  

Correction to my earlier post - you need to add it manually to line 58600 of the NB428 schedule.

Our Production Team is looking at this issue- and will update it as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.