Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rad4
Returning Member

RRSP contribution I made to two separate account. One through my employer paystubs and another one in my personal banking RRSP account.

I have RRSP contribution from employer and also in a separate account with my bank.

When I import info from my CRA, the bank information doesn't show up which is ok.

I assume I have to manually input the other RRSP contribution and the option of import from CRA doesn work in this case? I mean I cannot import from CRA and then add additional RRSP contribution?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

RRSP contribution I made to two separate account. One through my employer paystubs and another one in my personal banking RRSP account.

As RRSP Contribution receipts do not have to be issued until May 1st (which does not seem right as other slips have a Feb 28 or Mar 31 deadline), you may or may not find these tax slips online in your CRA My Account.

If you have the physical slips, you should manually input them. If you haven't actually received those slips, but they are online with CRA, import what you have not received. Just be sure you don''t accidently claim the same slip twice.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

As RRSP Contribution receipts do not have to be issued until May 1st (which does not seem right as other slips have a Feb 28 or Mar 31 deadline), you may or may not find these tax slips online in your CRA My Account.

If you have the physical slips, you should manually input them. If you haven't actually received those slips, but they are online with CRA, import what you have not received. Just be sure you don''t accidently claim the same slip twice.

rad4
Returning Member

Are you suggesting that if I wait unti may 1st I should be able to properly import all the relevant information from the CRA into the TurboBox?

Not at all! Although May 1st is the "deadline" for these slips to be issued, it's likely that most institutions issue them prior to this late date. (Especially as the deadline to file taxes is April 30th :-1:  ) Enter the slips you already have, and if any you are missing show up on CRA's site, import those ones only.:-1:

If you do not receive a contribution slip, and CRA does not have it online.....but you "know" it's out there, by all means contact the institution and request one.