Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberxy

Turbotax automatically uses "," as a decimal separator on my german computer and I can't get them out. Is there a solution to this?

I have already changed the windows language, input language, location, number format - but somehow turbotax continues using the european number format, but refuses to complete the forms, because of the invalid format. Manually removing the , and replacing them by . doesn't work either.

3 Replies

Turbotax automatically uses "," as a decimal separator on my german computer and I can't get them out. Is there a solution to this?

We've heard cases of French users with a similar issue. Here's what works for them:

1. Search for ‘region’
  2. Select ‘region and language’
  3. The top selection is ‘Format’
  4. Switch from your region to English Canada.
  5. Click OK and restart TurboTax.

Note: This only changes the number formats, does not affect the language of the OS.

If that doesn't do the trick, please give us a call: https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

cyberxy

Hi, English Canada alone didn't do the trick for me. I had to go to further settings, and change the setting in number format AND currencies tab.

Thanks for reporting back to let us know what worked. That will help us help the next person with the same issue!