Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lisab2

I have split my pension income with my spouse however the full amount is still showing in my return.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I have split my pension income with my spouse however the full amount is still showing in my return.

When you split your pension with your spouse, you will still see the full amount of the pension you received on your tax return.

The full amount of the pension being split is reported in the Total Income section of the tax return (Line 115 - Pension Income).

Then the amount you are splitting with your spouse is deducted from your return in the next section to arrive at Net Income (Line 210 - Deduction for Split Pension Amount).

Your spouse will have one entry on Line 115 as shown in the screenshot.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

When you split your pension with your spouse, you will still see the full amount of the pension you received on your tax return.

The full amount of the pension being split is reported in the Total Income section of the tax return (Line 115 - Pension Income).

Then the amount you are splitting with your spouse is deducted from your return in the next section to arrive at Net Income (Line 210 - Deduction for Split Pension Amount).

Your spouse will have one entry on Line 115 as shown in the screenshot.

lisab2

thanks Kim.  It would be helpful if this showed on the Total Income Summary, to avoid confusion.  Thanks again.