Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The amount you designate for transfer to an RRSP/PRPP cannot be greater than the eligible income reported for transfer.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The amount you designate for transfer to an RRSP/PRPP cannot be greater than the eligible income reported for transfer.

Sorry for the inconvenience, glad to have helped you solve it in the end.

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Do you have qualifying income reported on any of a T4, T4A, T4RIF, T4RSP (etc) that can be transferred?

All I have entered is my income from employment from my t4. No other income.

Then you would not be transferring any amount for RRSP purposes. Are you making a new contribution to your RRSP?

Please clarify the nature of the payment you are considering to designate as a transfer.  The CRA has the Guide T4040 RRSPs and Other Registered Plans for Retirement: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pub/tg/t4040/t4040-e.html#P2464_83200  Where charts 8 & 9 discuss amounts that can be transferred either indirectly or directly.

Have you transferred any funds to your registered plan? How is this being reported to you?

OK.  All I did was fill out my T4 income into the T4 field.  Then I filled out my RRSP contribution from the RRSP tax receipts. It was only a $400 contribution. That's it.

I'm not trying to transfer anything.

Under the "RRSP" tab > then "RRSP Profile" make sure to uncheck the box that says "Transfers to RRSP".

If that box is not checked you should not see the "Transfer" area in Turbo Tax. Where are you seeing this message?