Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The CRA 2017 NofA had a larger SK graduate tuition tax credit than TurboTax. What should I have done differently in TurboTax to get the correct amount of credit?

TurboTax used the credit carryfoward from 2016 but did not calculate the 2017 credit. Per the SK information guide, 10% of the total eligible tuition amount will be allowable in each of the first four years. 2016 was the year the certificate was received. What should I have done differently in TurboTax for the credit to calculate correctly?

3 Replies

The CRA 2017 NofA had a larger SK graduate tuition tax credit than TurboTax. What should I have done differently in TurboTax to get the correct amount of credit?

Could you give us a call? Our phone team may suggest a method for you to share your file with us so we can help figure out what went wrong. https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/3152013

Turbo Tax does not calculate Sask Graduate Tax Credit correctly.

Turbo Tax eliminates all Sask Taxes owing by applying the amount as a credit for Sask Graduate Tax.  This is wrong. 

The amount per year for 2021 is 10% of 20,000.00 or $2,000.00.

This error was existing on previous turbo tax software as well

Why is this not corrected.

Please contact our phone support team at 1-888-829-8608 as they will be better able to assist you.