Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thuvantran
Returning Member

The system doesn’t let me enter the “Transfer my child's tuition and education amounts”is there a bug? How to fix It?

8 Replies

The system doesn’t let me enter the “Transfer my child's tuition and education amounts”is there a bug? How to fix It?

Can you provide more information on what’s going on? Are you using TurboTax Online or TurboTax CD/Download? Are you getting an error message? Is it not allowing you to put in an amount, or have you entered everything and its not doing what you expected?

thuvantran
Returning Member

I’m using turbotax online, no error message. When I got to the screen where I’m supposed to enter the amount, it’s just going in circle, but I noticed her relationship changes from daughter to N/A, maybe that’s why? I have tried everything, redo a million times, still not working. I have attached the screenshot,

Hopefully you can help me. Thank you.

C2185C2C-F5B2-4501-A96B-CC14810EE0A7.jpeg

Thank you, I will go test it and get back to you shortly.

I've tested it on my end, and it shows up as N/A yet when I click on enter credit- I can choose which credits I want to claim by clicking on the box beside the credit.  I suggest, try logging off and logging back in and trying again- if this issue persist please clear  your cache and cookies and try again.

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.

thuvantran
Returning Member

I did log off, clear caches…

it would just bring me back to the screen with name on it with relationship N/A.

Are you trying to transfer a credit?

thuvantran
Returning Member

I want to Transfer my child's tuition and education amounts

Please see the attached screenshots I have attached , I think it has to do with the relationship changing to N/A. I never accounted something like this, I have been using turbotax on line for years.

9725C6A0-5545-4042-B62B-685E28A77378.jpeg95DC2FC2-8BD8-459D-83A3-E6CB3136FD47.jpegAE653F65-2BE4-4109-8F14-8A011D0F4E3C.jpeg

Thank you- I have tried this- and yes, agreed. This is a known issue and is being worked on- I will update you here as soon as its been corrected. 

Thank you for your patience.