Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbgorbet
Returning Member

TT Online asks for info that I can't find on my dependents' returns

I'm on a mac, so am using TT Online.  I've done so for years now, and have never run into this issue:

I have completed my son's return.  Now I'm completing mine (spousal).  It asks for information from lines 23600 and (because he was a student) 25700, sum(30300:31400), sum(58120:58360).  Additionally, because I am transferring tuition from him, it also asks for Line 1, Line 9, and Box 32010 from Schedule 11.  I can't find any of this information on my son's return, either in the return online or in the printed T1, and my research on this forum suggests that the online version doesn't allow one to do this.

So my question: as a mac-only household (i.e., I can only use the online version), how can I use TT when the information it asks for, I cannot get?  Or, is there some way I'm not seeing, to access this information so I can complete my return?

2 Replies
rbgorbet
Returning Member

I was able to get the Schedule 11 stuff from his T2202 (I assume these are the same numbers), but still haven't been able to get the other lines.

rbgorbet
Returning Member

Doing a bit more probing:

23600 Net Income is in fact on the T1 report generated by TT Online (mea culpa).

Perhaps the "Provincial non-refundable credits (Form ON428, sum of lines 58120 to 58360)" is the same as "58800" which is shown on the T1 report?  Looking at a blank ON428 PDF downloaded from the CRA, it seems it might be, if you don't have medical expenses?

Perhaps the "Federal non-refundable credits (T1, sum of lines 30300 to 31400)" is the same as "33500 Non-refundable credit" which is shown on the T1 report?  Looking at a blank T1 PDF downloaded from the CRA, I'm not sure...

I still don't see a way to discern "Deductions from net income (T1, line 25700)".

In any case, even if the above conjecture is right, I'd encourage TT to make this easier for mac users...