Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhilder1

When I entered T5 income in the slips and in the investment profile the investment income was doubled in the summary?

I completed the investment profile after I had entered the t5 income in easy steps. The income summary doubled the actual income.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When I entered T5 income in the slips and in the investment profile the investment income was doubled in the summary?

If your investment income on your T5 slips is the same as the "summary" your financial advisor or institution provided you, only make the entries on from the slip on the T5 entry screen. It's quite common for a summary page to accompany these slips and you do not need to enter it again, as you are indeed doubling your income.

You'll need to return to the Investment section of your TurboTax program and delete the double entries.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

If your investment income on your T5 slips is the same as the "summary" your financial advisor or institution provided you, only make the entries on from the slip on the T5 entry screen. It's quite common for a summary page to accompany these slips and you do not need to enter it again, as you are indeed doubling your income.

You'll need to return to the Investment section of your TurboTax program and delete the double entries.