Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tpimenoff

Turbotax kept asking about filing OAS and CPP, but though 65, I am working full time and have no need for that income. Netfile rejected my return. Please advise.

How do I print a copy of my return without all the wording across the pages.

3 Replies

Turbotax kept asking about filing OAS and CPP, but though 65, I am working full time and have no need for that income. Netfile rejected my return. Please advise.

When you do the review, TurboTax should give you a warning regarding being over 60 and not having any CPP.  Since it’s common for people aged 60 or older to have CPP, TurboTax is trying to make sure you didn't omit your CPP income from your return by accident. Click “Fix”, then click “Ignore” to let TurboTax know that this is ok and not an error.

If you do have to send your return by mail, you need to send the CRA condensed version with the barcode. The one with “duplicate” on it is only for your records.

TurboTax Online:

To print a copy of your tax return to mail to the CRA, complete the following steps:

1. On the left side menu, select File, and then select CRA Online Mail.

2. Continue through the interview until you get to the Filing your return(s) page. There, click the Print & Mail your return(s) button.

3. Click on the Open a PDF of your federal return for printing link to open/save a PDF of your CRA barcode return.

TurboTax CD/Download EasyStep Mode:

1. On the left side menu, select File, and then select NETFILE or Print.

2. Click the Start button.

3. Select “I want to print and mail my return” and click Continue.

4. Continue through until and you will eventually get the option to print the CRA copy of your return.

TurboTax CD/Download Form Mode:

1. Under the File menu at the top left, select Print, then Print Return.

2. Click Continue on the “Save a copy” page.

3. Then next page will allow you to print the CRA copy of your return, or save a PDF of the CRA copy.

For 2018 the over 65 and no T4(OAS) still is an error instead of a warning that blocks doing a NetFile. On the Forms list I never checked the box for T4(OAS).  Will this be fixed this year? I see others have reported this issue in past years but there is no place to enter a "NO" to such a question.

"Never mind"... I went through the steps again and did see the question and clicked the radio button for "No" did not receive T4(OAS) and CRA accepted the Netfile.