Thanks for your question. The total amount you can deduct for contributions you make to your RRSP or your spouse's or common-law partner's RRSP cannot be more than your RRSP deduction limi. Please watch the following video to help you enter the spousal RRSP in TurboTax.
To enter spousal RRSP in your tax return, please follow these steps:
- Sign in to TurboTax Online.
- In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find*.
- In the Find window, type “RRSP profile” in the search field, select it from the list and then select Go.
- Select the checkbox for “Made RRSP contributions during 2020 or the first 60 days of 2021,” as well as any other options that apply to you, and then select Continue.
- On the next screen, if you do not know your deduction limit; you can simply ignore it and hit Continue
- The next screen will be an RRSP Contribution screen for you or your wife. On the screen with your name, you will enter the information from the RRSP slip and then click on Done With RRSPs. Now you will be on the RRSP Contribution Summary where you can edit/delete information or click Done With RRSPs. You are now done entering your RRSP information.
Please visit this TurboTax FAQ for more information on how to enter your RRSP Contribution with video references: