Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
Sign in to the Community or Sign in to TurboTax and start working on your taxes
posted Oct 29, 2019 6:58:30 PM

Where do i use my unused rrsp contributions from the first 2 months of 2014 ?

Where can i use my rrsp contributions from Jan 1 to Mar 3 2014 to increase my tax refund ?

0 4 1707
1 Best answer
Oct 29, 2019 6:58:35 PM

From the top Navigation, Select "RRSPs" then on the dropdown select "RRSP Profile". Then check the box that reads "Have unused RRSP/PRPP contributions from prior years". Click continue until you get to a page entitled "Unused RRSP/PRPP Contributions".

This page will show you the amount TurboTax carried forward from last year. If it is zero or incorrect select Yes to "Do you want to change this amount?" to change this amount.

4 Replies
Oct 29, 2019 6:58:31 PM

If you have input your receipt for this time frame - it should calculate automatically.

Oct 29, 2019 6:58:33 PM

It isn't calculating correctly.  Showing an amount of $44, not 3344 that was on my notice of assessment.

Oct 29, 2019 6:58:34 PM

This amount could be carried forward from last year. If it is incorrect you can always change it to match your notice of assessment by following the steps in the answer.

Oct 29, 2019 6:58:35 PM

From the top Navigation, Select "RRSPs" then on the dropdown select "RRSP Profile". Then check the box that reads "Have unused RRSP/PRPP contributions from prior years". Click continue until you get to a page entitled "Unused RRSP/PRPP Contributions".

This page will show you the amount TurboTax carried forward from last year. If it is zero or incorrect select Yes to "Do you want to change this amount?" to change this amount.