Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kpattrick

Where do you type in other student expenses. I have typed in my tuition fees, but am a little confused where to type the others in.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where do you type in other student expenses. I have typed in my tuition fees, but am a little confused where to type the others in.

You should be inputting the tuition amounts as well as the number of full time and part time months at the same time on the same page.  What other amounts are you trying to enter?

View solution in original post

5 Replies

You should be inputting the tuition amounts as well as the number of full time and part time months at the same time on the same page.  What other amounts are you trying to enter?

kpattrick

I want to add other student expenses - i am not sure if i add them to the tuition fees part.

What do the other expenses consist of?
kpattrick

laptop, and supplies for my program

Your supplies are included in the monthly $400 for full time and $200 for part time.  The laptop is not a deductible expense.