English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dsmacaskill

Where to I find amount from Line A and Line O of my T1032? I need to enter these amounts on deceased spouse's return.

7 Replies
TurboTaxLise

Where to I find amount from Line A and Line O of my T1032? I need to enter these amounts on deceased spouse's return.

Line A of the T1032 comes from line 115 of your T1. 

Line O of the T1032 comes from line C of that same form, which is in Step 2.

• Have a look at this link on how to elect to split pension with spouse:
How do I split my pension income with my spouse?
https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647840
  • But because the person is deceased, there is a process that must be taken (first) to ensure final tax return is completed correctly therefore, I will advise you to review the link below to assist you:

Prepare a return for a deceased person?

https://turbotax.community.intuit.ca/replies/2647725

robertdhull
Returning Member

My wife died on May 25, 2020. I completed all of the appropriate fields to show that and did complete separate returns. However, the Marital Status calculation section on Form T1032 shows 12/12 months where it should show 5/12 months. If you override this amount, then you cannot Netfile. I did the override to get the correct calculated amount for box G (and subsequently Box J and Line 21000 on the T1), and then removed the override. This is an error on TurboTax 2020 (and appears it was also an error on 2019). I spoke with a TurboTax rep a month ago to try to fix this, but he couldn't even get Glance to load and so would not help. Today I called again and this time the TurboTax rep was much more knowledgeable and was able to help me get Glance to load. She worked through all of the possible issues and determined that there is indeed an error on Form T1032 which she will send to the back-office tech people. She did confirm that the amount I manually entered in Box G was correct for my situation. I was prepared to be disappointed again, but thankfully, I was not. I can't say enough about how thorough she was in making certain that everything was done correctly. While this doesn't resolve the underlying problem, at least I have a viable work around.

xxoolovedon
Level 2

I have split my pension income with my spouse.  My return is correct with the T1032 included.  However, when I do my spouses return, I can't insert the information that is requested from my T1032.  I need to find an amount from line A of my T1032.  There is no line A on the T1032.  All the lines are numbered -- no letters. I also need to enter an amount from Line 0 of my T1032.  Same thing, the T1032 lines are all numbers.

What is the numbered line that corresponds to Line A on the T1032?

What is the numbered line that corresponds to Line 0 on the T1032?

I need this information as Turbotax won't complete my spouse's return showing the transferred pension from me.  I am stalled at this point.

I read your response that Line A corresponds to Line 115 of the T1 -- is that the same at Line 11500 (Other Pensions and Superannuation)?  But your reference to Line 0 coming from Line C of the same form (T 1 ? or T1032?), is confusing to me.

another

I, too, ran into this problem.  After a lot of wasted time it became clear that TT2021 is using the the 2020 version of the T1032 form -- the 2021 T1032 removed the use of letter identified lines.  Further their documentation still describes the 2020 form and lettered lines.  For an organization such as TT whose main business is getting tax right, this is just unforgivable.  I have lost a lot of trust in this product, it would have been quicker to report my taxes by hand.  I may well never come back. 

summerset
Level 2

As far as I can tell, they are using the 2019 version of the T1032 form which refers to Line A and Line O. 

Also as far as I can tell, Line A (2019 version) matches up with Line 1 (2021 version) and Line O (2019 version) matches up with Line 30 on the 2021 version.

Here is a link to the 2019 version: https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/cra-arc/formspubs/pbg/t1032/t1032-fill-19e.pdf.  Here is a link to the 2021 version https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/cra-arc/formspubs/pbg/t1032/t1032-21e.pdf

I've had a very difficult time with TurboTax this year.  It's a good product but NOT when it comes to estates.  I would never recommend anyone use TurboTax for an Estate return.  Too many bugs.  For the hours that I've put into this, I could have & should have hired an accountant. 

don-bettyann

I agree with your comments. This has been a huge waste of time for me. I am trusting your 2019/2021 cross references from numbers to letters.... more than I am now trusting TT software. I always assumed it was bullet-proof and tested. It is clearly not.

bettyburton13
Returning Member

For 2021 Return T1032

Line A = 68020 

Line O = 68040

After 90 mins on with CRA, source is good.

v