Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With a standard Turbo Tax, is the Pension Income Tax Credit automatically calculated into my return?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

With a standard Turbo Tax, is the Pension Income Tax Credit automatically calculated into my return?

Yes, Pension amount is calculated, assuming you are eligible, and the pension is also eligible.

( CPP and OAS arent eligible).

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Yes, Pension amount is calculated, assuming you are eligible, and the pension is also eligible.

( CPP and OAS arent eligible).

LR51
Returning Member

My husband has an eligible pension which he split with me.  My husband's pension tax credit is calculated automatically but mine is not coming up.  There is no where to enter it.  It is  eligible for the credit according to the CRA website.

Please review our TurboTax FAQ How do I split my pension income with my spouse?

To see the information mentioned below, please our TurboTax FAQ for guidance: How can I see a detailed summary of my return in TurboTax Online?

When your husband split his pension with you, you will still see the full amount of the pension on his tax return as Pension Income on Line 115. 

Then further down you will notice this amount is deducted in the next section to arrive at Net Income (Line 210 - Deduction for Split Pension Amount).

You will have one income entry on Line 116, as well as a credit for income tax deducted in the same percentage as the Pension Income Split. 

Thank you for choosing TurboTax.