Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shelly_p

Can someone confirm that I can save my RRSP contributions from 2018 to use in a future year?

use 2018 RRSP contributions for 2019's tax return

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can someone confirm that I can save my RRSP contributions from 2018 to use in a future year?

Yes, you are able to carry your RRSP contributions forward to next year.  You will need to first report them on your current tax return.  When using TurboTax Premier, click on Find in the top right-hand corner, type RRSP profile, select it and click Go.  Put a checkmark next to, "Made RRSP/SPP contributions you wish to carry forward and deduct in a future year" and click on Continue.  Enter your RRSP deduction limit and click Continue.  You will then be prompted to enter your RRSP receipts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Yes, you are able to carry your RRSP contributions forward to next year.  You will need to first report them on your current tax return.  When using TurboTax Premier, click on Find in the top right-hand corner, type RRSP profile, select it and click Go.  Put a checkmark next to, "Made RRSP/SPP contributions you wish to carry forward and deduct in a future year" and click on Continue.  Enter your RRSP deduction limit and click Continue.  You will then be prompted to enter your RRSP receipts.