Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevie-b1

Do I need to fill in net income amount for wife in the spouse section? My wife is not filling out her taxes until after deadline - does not owe - so I don't have the it.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I need to fill in net income amount for wife in the spouse section? My wife is not filling out her taxes until after deadline - does not owe - so I don't have the it.

You do need to enter your spouse's net income in the spouse section of your income tax return.  If you do not have the exact amount, the Canada Revenue Agency suggests that you do your best to estimate the amount.  It is important to enter it because it is used to calculate certain credits that you may or may not be entitled to claim.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You do need to enter your spouse's net income in the spouse section of your income tax return.  If you do not have the exact amount, the Canada Revenue Agency suggests that you do your best to estimate the amount.  It is important to enter it because it is used to calculate certain credits that you may or may not be entitled to claim.