Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xuzd0703

My emploter match my RRSP contribution (6% annual salay, and call thispart as DPSP). how to file fo them

my emploter match my RRSP contribution (6% annual salay, and call thispart as DPSP). In T4, Item 50 has a registration number. should I report this amount contribted by empolyer? if so, how to file fo them?Best Regards,Don

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

My emploter match my RRSP contribution (6% annual salay, and call thispart as DPSP). how to file fo them

You do not report DPSP amounts directly either as income or as part of your RRSP contributions. Instead, report the Pension Adjustment amount (PA) that appears in box 52 of your T4. Report this into box 52 of the T4 entry page in Turbotax.

Do not report box 50, this is a pension reference number , in this case for your DPSP.

Your DPSP employer contribution is reflected in the box 52 entry, and reduces your RRSP deduction limit Amount A for 2015 that CRA will calculate and will show on your Notice of Assessment.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You do not report DPSP amounts directly either as income or as part of your RRSP contributions. Instead, report the Pension Adjustment amount (PA) that appears in box 52 of your T4. Report this into box 52 of the T4 entry page in Turbotax.

Do not report box 50, this is a pension reference number , in this case for your DPSP.

Your DPSP employer contribution is reflected in the box 52 entry, and reduces your RRSP deduction limit Amount A for 2015 that CRA will calculate and will show on your Notice of Assessment.