The RL-30 slip is used to provide information related to children who received subsidized educational childcare.
TurboTax will prompt you to enter the information from your RL-30 slip(s) after you've entered your childcare expenses and your RL-24 slip(s).
Before entering your childcare expense amounts, you need to enter some basic info about your dependants.
- How do I enter dependants in online editions of TurboTax?
- How do I enter dependants in the CD/download edition of TurboTax?
Once you've entered your dependants:
- In the upper-right corner of your screen, select Find*.
- In the Find window, type "Child care expenses," select it from the list and then select Go.
- Answer Yes to the question Did you pay for child care? and then follow the steps to enter your child care expenses.
Then, continue to select the Continue button until you reach the RL-24 and RL-30 entry steps.
*If you don't see the Find button, you may not have completed the Setting Up/Introduction section of your return. Continue through the Setting Up section until the Find button appears.