It’s easiest to add your spouse/partner at the beginning of your return. This way all deductions and credits can be optimized between you.
- From the Welcome to TurboTax screen, select Start a new return. The screen Select Your Method of Preparation should appear.
- Select EasyStep.
- Proceed through the Introduction section until you see the What’s your marital status? screen.
- Select either Married or Living Common Law. An additional field appears: How do you want to prepare your returns?
- For the question Do you want to prepare your returns together?, select Yes.
- Select Continue. Then, this screen should appear: Where did you live at the end of the year?
- Choose your province/territory.
- Select Continue. Then, the screen Personal Information should appear.
- Enter your and your spouse’s information.
- Select Continue.
- Proceed through the rest of the Introduction section, entering all relevant information.
You're ready to proceed with your spousal (coupled) return.