When you live outside of Québec but your employer has issued you an RL-1 slip because you work in Québec, there are some specific steps you need to follow to enter your Québec amounts in your return correctly.
Here’s what you do:
In online editions of TurboTax
- From the navigation menu across the top of your screen, select Income and then choose T-slips.
- Check the box T4 – Employment Income.
- Check the box I worked in Quebec and received a Relevé 1 slip.
- Select Continue and step through until you reach the T4 step.
When you reach the T4 entry page:
- Enter the amounts from your T4 slip, as applicable.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to reach Box E.
- Enter the amount from Box E of your RL-1 in the field marked Québec tax deducted from box E of your Relevé 1 (Non-resident of Québec) Box E.