Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
English EN

Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTax Support

I got a Relevé 1 (RL-1) from my employer but I don't live in Québec. What do I do?

When you live outside of Québec but your employer has issued you an RL-1 slip because you work in Québec, there are some specific steps you need to follow to enter your Québec amounts in your return correctly.

Here’s what you do:

  1. From the navigation menu, select Income and then choose T-slips.
  2. Check the box T4 – Employment Income.
  3. Check the box I worked in Quebec and received a Relevé 1 slip.
  4. Select Continue and step through until you reach the T4 step.

When you reach the T4 entry page:

  1. Enter the amounts from your T4 slip, as applicable.
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the page to reach Box E.
  3. Enter the amount from Box E of your RL-1 in the field marked Québec tax deducted from box E of your Relevé 1 (Non-resident of Québec) Box E.

  1. In the Profile section, answer Yes to the question Did you work?
  2. Next, check the box: I was employed.
  3. Then, check the boxes: T4 and Relevé 1.

Step through the rest of the Profile section, until you reach the T4 step.

When you reach the T4 entry page:

  1. Enter your T4 amounts, as applicable, and select the Done with T4 button.
  2. On the T4 Summary step, select the Done with T4 slips button.
  3. On the Relevé 1 – Summary step, select the Enter New Relevé 1 button.
  4. Enter the amounts from your RL-1, as applicable.

Related information

What do I do if I have a T4 slip with no matching RL-1 slip or an RL-1 slip with no matching T4?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in