turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Can't Import ItsDeductible

I am working on the windows 10 platform,

Here's a weird twist to the story. After spending literally hours with the turbotax help line, nothing was ever discovered, however the person helping me was signed onto my desktop and she said she could see the sign-in on her side. So, when i moved the mouse around in the white box the cursor kept appearing in 2 spots! On a hunch I typed my username in the first spot and password in the second and hit enter, the donations appeared! and I scrolled to the bottom and hit accept! So, I managed to get them in spite of not seeing anything as I was typing! 

so, there ya go, try it!

Omg that really just worked!  Had to type in my intuit code blind as well.  I guess it means that the screen is just not visible?  

I actually noticed that several times if I changed the screen resolution while the window was open I could see the boxes, but was unable to type. This is a ridiculous glitch.

Come on TurboTax!!

none of my password open itsdeductible. I have a Mac desk top version

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you referring to your Mac's keychain password or your ItsDeductible account password?  @barges-Poztad11w

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you. I'm having these problems with TurboTax 2022! I got a very nice CPA who knew nothing about why the app demands an iMac Monterey keychain password or how to find it.  My machine hangs every time I try to use do anything but put in data!  It will fetch the data from 2021, but I can't save without hanging!!  Knowing you had similar issues, i believe neither you nor I is crazy.

I worked my way through the issue of the program looking for the "Keychain password:.

• I went into settings and passwords, and deleted any reference to "intuit". 
  • Then I restarted my MAC.  (Don't know if necessary, but clears the cache)
  • I logged into computer
  • logged into Turbotax program
  • Logged into my INTUIT web account for ITsDeductible
  • In Turbotax, went to Charitable Donation and selected Import from ItsDeductible
  • When the password box came up, I entered my Computer password (Not the ItsDeductible password) and then clicked on Allow Always.
  • Now it took me to a new screen to enter my ItsDeductible User ID and password
  • It then downloaded by charitable giving from ItsDeductible to Turbotax.

I hope this helps someone else.

I'm adding on to a couple of earlier posts that helped me finally import my donations. Thanks again to those people who steered me in the right direction. TurboTax, PLEASE FIX THIS!

After you click "Yes" that you want to import your donations from ItsDeductible, a pop-up window (that's mostly blank will open). After the little circle stops spinning:

If you slowly move your cursor down, you will notice the "typing cursor" appears 3 times.

• Skip the 1st place where the typing cursor appears.
  • Move the cursor to the 2nd place where the typing cursor appears. CLICK in this spot. Then type your ItsDeductible user name. You're doing this blind, so type carefully.
  • Move the cursor to the 3rd place where the typing cursor appears. CLICK in this spot. Then type your Its Deductible password. Again, you're doing this blind, so type carefully.
  • Hit the Enter key on your keyboard.
  • The cursor will turn into a hand. Click where this hand appears.

You will now receive the INTUIT code in your email or phone.

• This time, there are 2 spots where the typing cursor appears.
  • Skip the first spot where the typing cursor appears
  • Move your cursor to the 2nd spot where the typing cursor appears and CLICK in this spot. 
  • Type the INTUIT code you just received. If you're receiving this code by text, please do not type the phone number it is being texted from - the code you need will be a 6 digit number.
  • Click the Enter key on your keyboard.
  • Click where the hand appears.

If at anytime this doesn't seem to be working, you can go to your computer settings and change to a lower resolution. This will show you what the screen looks like but unfortunately you won't be able to type in it. Change the resolution back to normal, X out of the box, and click the back button to start the process again. 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for the long and detailed resolution, I know this can assist others. @rpriester 

cgould001

I am having the issue that it is asking me for my login and PW but no place to fill those in.  Just a white space after it says "Enter the same user ID and password you created for Its Deductible....."  Any ideas? 

cgould001

And I tried the suggestion of typing things in but it doesn't work.  I tried the lower resolution and can see the fields there but as noted it won't let me update from there.  Any other ideas?  You would think TurboTax would fix this quickly as it is a major pain if we have to add in all our deductions manually after spending all the time putting them into Its Deductible.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Are you using a desktop or the online version to file? @cgould001 

cgould001

I am using desktop and Microsoft 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try updating the software. Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software  
@cgould001

cgould001

I did that install but still have the issue.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

We can better assist you with this issue over the phone. To speak with a TurboTax Expert, refer to the instructions in the following Help Article:  How do I contact TurboTax?

@cgould001 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies