For the 2019 tax season, the deadline for filing your taxes has been extended to June 1, 2020. If you have any amounts owing, or need to make a payment to the CRA, the deadline for doing so has been extended to August 31, 2020. No interest or penalties will occur between these new timelines.
You may file after the tax deadline with TurboTax, and the CRA's NETFILE service accepts both current year (and some prior year), returns long after the annual tax deadline.
If NETFILE is not available for the year you're trying to file, you'll need to print and mail your return.
- Do I have to pay interest for filing my tax return late or paying my balance late?
- When in NETFILE available?
- Can I submit a previous year's tax return using NETFILE?
- Where can I purchase the download edition of TurboTax for previous tax years?
- Can I use TurboTax to complete my tax return from a previous year?
IN SOLUTIONATOR [cl] 07/10/09 - changed to be non version specific. Doesn't need to be just Online. [mb] feb 5/08 changed question to refer to "quicktax online" [gi] 01/05/07 new file created [dw] 03/23/07 Changed category from QTW