Pick a language

Canada Français United States of America English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTax Support
Intuit

If I didn't receive an information slip, do I still need to report the income?

Yes. The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires you to report all taxable income, regardless of whether or not you received a slip for it.

If you are missing or did not receive an information slip, contact the person who normally provides your slips and request that a copy be sent to you.

In some cases, the CRA may also be able to provide the slip. Contact them to find out if a copy is available to share with you. Or, sign up for a CRA My Account and add the slip through Auto-fill my return.

If you are unable to acquire a copy of the slip before the filing due date:

• The CRA will expect you to include estimated amounts for the slip on your return. Use any stubs or statements you have to estimate the income (and any related deductions or credits).
  • If you're mailing your return, attach a note listing which slips are missing, the payers' name and address, the type of income, and a description of your efforts to acquire the slip(s). In your note, include the calculations you used to arrive at the estimated amounts.
  • If you're filing electronically, keep all your documents in case CRA asks to see them.

Related information:

What tax slips can I access through CRA's Auto-fill My Return service?

Where do I enter T4, T5, and other T-slips?

How do I add two or more slips of the same kind?

How do I enter T5008 slips?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in
v