I have filed my tax return. Can I still make chang... - Community

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

Français English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
,Created with Sketch.1555 helpful votes

I have filed my tax return. Can I still make changes?

Yes, you can make changes to a filed tax return by filing an adjustment; How you file an adjustment depends on how you filed your original tax return (and if you need to make a change to your federal return or your Québec return, if applicable).

Filing adjustments to a federal tax return

The CRA requires that you wait until you’ve received your notice of assessment (NOA) before filing an adjustment. In many cases, the CRA will catch the mismatch and automatically adjust your return for you. So, it’s best to wait for your NOA as you might not even need to file an adjustment.

If you filed your original tax return using CRA’s NETFILE service:

  1. Sign in to your online TurboTax account or launch your edition of TurboTax CD/download for the tax year you want to prepare an adjustment for.
  2. In Return Manager, select the ReFILE button beside the filed tax return you want to adjust.

If you printed and mailed your original tax return or are in a situation excluded from ReFILE:

  1. See the CRA’s How to change your return page for how to make an adjustment online in your CRA My Account or by mail.

Note: Online editions of TurboTax don’t currently support ReFILE of federal tax returns for residents of Québec.

Filing adjustments to a Québec return

 TurboTax doesn’t currently support Revenu Québec’s electronic Déclaration amendée service.

To make an adjustment to a Québec return see Revenu Quebec’s Changing an income tax return that you have already filed page for instructions on how to make an adjustment online in your Revenu Québec My Account or by mail.

Related Information

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in