We recognize that with the rapidly evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation in Canada, these are uncertain times for everyone.
We want to reassure you that TurboTax products continue to be available and our support services remain accessible. If you are working on your taxes--which you should do at your earliest convenience to benefit from any potential refund that might be coming your way--our support staff is available via the Community forums, Twitter and Facebook to help.
We continue to work closely with the Canada Revenue Agency and the different provincial governments. Please read the information below for the latest changes announced by the Federal and Provincial governments regarding tax deadline extensions.
Federal Tax Updates (Last Update: 3/18/20)
- Deadline for filing Federal income tax return pushed to June 1, 2020
- Note: The CRA encourages individuals who expect to receive benefits under the GSTC or the Canada Child Benefit not to delay the filing of their return to ensure their entitlements for the 2020-21 benefit year are properly determined.
- Payments deferred to after August 31, 2020
- Note: This applies to the payment of any income tax amounts that become owing on or after today, 03/18/20, and before September 2020. This relief applies to tax balances due and installments. No interest or penalties will accumulate on these amounts during this period.
More information to come.
Quebec Tax Updates (Last Update: 3/19/20)
- Deadline for QC provincial tax filing delayed by 31 days, until June 1, 2020, for both individuals and businesses.
- Individuals: No payments or interests are required before August 31, 2020.
- Businesses: No payments or installments are required before July 31, 2020.