TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

How do I claim two leased vehicles in a year on Form T777?

SOLVEDby TurboTax3Updated December 21, 2023

In order to claim two or more leased vehicles on your return, you must complete a Statement of Employment Expenses (T777) for each individual vehicle claim.

To do so, follow the applicable instructions below based on your edition of TurboTax:

1. From the menu, select My Info, then Get Started, and then Continue.
  2. On the first What happened for you in 20XX? screen, answer Yes to the question, Did you work in 20XX?
  3. Select the I was employed checkbox.
  4. Answer Yes to Did you have expenses related to your employment?
  5. Select any other checkboxes that apply, then select Continue.
  6. From the upper menu, select Find then search for employment expenses. Select it from the list of results, then select Go.
  7. On the Employment Expenses screen, select Yes to Does this apply to you? If you're preparing a spousal return, indicate who incurred the expenses.
  8. On the Employment Expenses Profile, select any applicable checkboxes and then Continue.
  9. Select the Motor Vehicle Expenses checkbox, then Continue.
  10. On the Employment Related Driving screen, enter the information for the first leased vehicle.
  11. When you're done, select Enter Another Vehicle.
  12. Repeat Steps 10 and 11 as applicable, then select Done With Vehicle.
  1. From the menu, select PROFILE, then Personal tax profile.
  2. On the first What happened for you in 20XX? screen, answer Yes to Did you work in 20XX?
  3. Select the I was employed checkbox.
  4. Answer Yes to Did you have expenses related to your employment?
  5. Select any other checkboxes that apply, then select Continue.
  6. From the upper menu, select Find. Search for employment expenses and select Go.
  7. On the Employment expenses screen, select Yes to Does this apply to you? (If you're preparing a spousal return, indicate who incurred the expenses).
  8. On the Employment Expense Profile, select any applicable checkboxes and then Continue.
  9. Select the Motor Vehicle Expenses checkbox, then Continue.
  10. On Employment Related Driving and the screens that follow, enter the information for the first leased vehicle.
  11. When you reach the More than One Employer screen, select Yes.
  12. Repeat Steps 9 through 11 as applicable, then select Done With Employment Expenses.
  1. From the Toolbar, select Forms. The Form Lookup box opens.
  2. In the Keyword to search for field, enter T777.
  3. Select T777 (1), then OK.
  4. Enter the information for the first leased vehicle.
  5. Repeat Steps 1 to 3, but select T777 (2).
  6. Enter the information for the second leased vehicle.

More like this

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads