Enter amounts reported on a T-slip through the T-slip entry screen. Enter the source country in the field provided.
Enter amounts not reported on a T-slip directly on the Other Income and Deductions worksheet (OTHER).
If you are in the EasyStep Interview, click the Go To Forms button at the top right area of the interview screen.
- From the Forms menu, select Form Lookup....The Form Lookup window opens.
- In the Keyword to search for field, type OTHER.
- From the displayed list of forms, double-click OTH - Other Income, Deductions and Credits.
- Scroll down to the Additional Deductions - Line 256 section on page 2 of the form.
- In the Other income exempt under a tax treaty field, enter the appropriate foreign income amount.Note: Enter this amount in Canadian dollars.
Tax treaties are designed to avoid you paying tax in two countries on the same income. For the most current status of these tax treaties, visit the Finance Canada Web site at https://www.fin.gc.ca/treaties-conventions/in_force--eng.asp.