Canada Français United States of America English
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTax Support
Intuit

How to return or repay the CERB

If you think you received Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) payments you weren’t entitled to, you may have to return them to the CRA or Service Canada.

If you applied for CERB through the Canada Revenue Agency and still have the original CERB cheque, return it to:

Revenue Processing – Repayment of CERB
Sudbury Tax Centre
1050 Notre Dame Avenue
Sudbury ON P3A 0C3

If you received the payment by direct deposit or by cheque, you must repay the CRA by mail, via your CRA My Account if you have one, or via your financial institution as outlined on this CRA webpage.

If you received the CERB from Service Canada and still have the original CERB cheque, return it to the following address:

ESDC Remittances
PO Box 1122
Matane QC G4W 4S7

If the above doesn’t apply to you, you can send your payment according to the instructions found on this Service Canada webpage.

It depends. While you should be expecting a T4A tax slip on the amount of CERB payments your received in 2020, if you repay all or a portion of the CERB payments you received, the CRA will adjust your account accordingly but won't issue an information slip for payment(s) made prior to December 31, 2020.

To avoid improper issuance of slips, be sure to return or repay your CERB before December 31, 2020.

Note: If you need more time to repay the CERB, contact the CRA at 1-833-966-2099 to make arrangements to repay what you owe before December 31st.

Related Information

How do I register for CRA's My Account service?

Is "CRA My Account" the same as My Service Canada Account"?

How can I protect myself from a CRA audit?

How do I contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in
v