Only forms required for filing are printed. Some of the forms are worksheets and they are used to calculate amounts that are transferred to other forms (such as your T1 General or the TP1). The worksheets are not printed as part of your return.
***NOTE*** For Tax year 2012 and future years, the CRA has changed their requirements for printed returns generated from software certified for NETFILE. The NEW Print steps are listed in the section below.
The CRA has asked Tax Software providers to change the way the CRA return is printed. There is a new format for the CRA return. It is called the T1General-Condensed version.
- When you print a copy for your records, the full T1-General will be saved and printed for you. Do not mail in the full T1-General.
- When you want to mail in the return to the CRA, you will choose to print the version to mail. This will print the CRA required T1 General-Condensed.
Print and Save your tax return
When printing your return in TurboTax, you will have two different options. Please read the next section carefully, as Printing a copy for your Records is a different print option vs. the Print your Return for the CRA.
Save & Print a Copy of Your Tax Return for Your Records
- Click the Print and File tab at the top of the interview screen. Click Continue on this page.
- The Save a Copy of Your Return for your records screen will appear. This screen will allow you to save and print a copy of your full tax return as a.PDF file.
***NOTE*** The return copy you save here IS NOT the return you will mail to the CRA. The CRA requires the T1-General: Condensed versionto be mailed in. The steps for that return are in the next section.
- To save a copy of your return for your records, click Save .pdf copy for your records. Follow the on screen directions and save the file to your system.
To Print a copy of your return for your records, click Print for your records
If you have not run the Review to find tax-saving opportunities, errors, and warnings, do so now. Click Continue to move through the screens.
- This return will be for your review and only for record keeping. DO NOT MAIL THIS VERSION OF THE RETURN TO THE CRA!
- Print a copy from another computer: You will need to move the .pdf file to a portable storage device or some other media to take to the second computer.
- Click Continue to proceed.
CRA Version: Save & Print a Copy of Your Tax Return to MAIL to the CRA
- When you reach the Print and Mail your Returns screen, you will be able to print and save the actual T1-Condensed version of your tax return that the CRA requires from paper filers.
- To save a copy of your return to be mailed to the CRA, click Save .pdf of Return to Mail. Follow the on screen directions and save the file to your system.
To Print a copy of your return to be mailed to the CRA, click Print Return to Mail
- Once you have printed and saved copies of the return, you can click Done with Printing to finish the Print section.
For related topics about printing, click on Help, select the Index tab, enter printing in the Search field and select overview. Click Display and the topic will appear.