Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
EnglishEN

Pick a language

Français English
Announcements
For information related to Covid-19 and how to get help if you lost your job, please see The Covid-19 Tax Info Center
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Intuit

I filed my tax return using NETFILE but didn't receive my refund or Notice of Assessment. What do I do?

If you have filed your return but have not received an NOA or refund, there are a few steps you can take to try and remedy this. First, be sure that you were provided a NETFILE confirmation code (details for this are provided in Step 1). Once you have a code, you can then check the status of your return with the CRA (Step 2). If your issue is still not resolved, contact the CRA directly, or complete the following form and we'll escalate your case for you.

Your confirmation code indicates that you have successfully submitted your tax return. Once a NETFILE confirmation code has been generated for you, you can’t submit your tax return again. If you don't have a NETFILE Confirmation Code, you will still need to submit your tax return using NETFILE:

If you have a NETFILE Confirmation Code, check the status of your tax return using the My Account service by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA).

If you have a NETFILE Confirmation Code but your CRA My Account indicates that your tax return was not received, or you called CRA and they said that they didn't receive your return, call CRA's Individual Tax Inquiries phone number and request a "trace" on your tax return.

Related information:

Why do I get an error when I try to submit using NETFILE?

Why am I not eligible to submit my return using NETFILE?

What is NETFILE?

Can I use NETFILE if I owe taxes to the CRA?

How do I find my NETFILE Quebec confirmation number?

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in