TurboTax HelpTurboTax HelpIntuit

What do I do if I received government benefits but haven't received a paper slip?

SOLVEDby TurboTax54Updated December 20, 2023

Unless you opted specifically to receive a paper copy of your T-slips and RL-slips, they'll only be accessible online via the following services:

Refer to one of the following options for instructions on how to acquire a copy of one of your tax slips:

Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits (T4E)

If you received Employment Insurance and already have a My Service Canada Account, you can view and print your T4E slips as of February by logging in to your My Service Canada Account and following the instructions.

You can also call Service Canada at 1-800-206-7218 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM ET, or go to a Service Canada Office Centre to request a duplicate T4E (by appointment only).

Statement of Canada Pension Plan, Canada Pension Plan Disability, or Old Age Security benefits (T4A(P), T4A(OAS))

You can view and print your T4A slips in your My Service Canada Account or request various documents (entitlement letters, benefit letters, personal access codes, tax slips, etc.) by calling the phone numbers listed below. Be sure to have your Social Insurance Number on hand:

• Canada Pension Plan (CPP)
    • Canada and U.S. toll-free: 1-800-277-9914
    • Canada and U.S. TTY: 1-800-255-4786
    • Outside Canada and U.S.: 1-613-957-1954 (call collect)
  • Old Age Security (OAS)
    • Canada and U.S. toll-free: 1-800-277-9914
    • Canada and U.S. TTY: 1-800-255-4786
    • Outside Canada and U.S.: 1-613-957-1954 (call collect)

If you're missing slips for employment income or benefits received in 2021 as part of the Canada Recovery Benefit program (CRB), Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit program (CRSB), or Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit program (CRCB), you can access them online via your CRA My Account or by calling 1-800-959-8281.

Find out how to register for a CRA My Account for Individuals.

If you live in the province of Québec, you can access your RL-slips online either through Revenu Québec My Account for Individuals or Revenu Québec clicSÉQUR.

If you don’t have access to these online services, contact Revenu Québec from 10 AM to 4:30 PM at one of the following numbers: 418-266-1016 (Québec City area), 514-940-1481 (Montreal area), or 1-855-291-6467 (elsewhere).

If you’re registered for CRA My Account for Individuals, you should be able to access all of your slips for the current and past six years online. Here’s how:

1. Go to the CRA My Account page and sign in using one of the following options:
    • Option 1 – Using one of our Sign-In Partners
    • Option 2 – Using a CRA user ID and password
    • Option 3 – Using a BC Services Card
  2. On the Overview page, scroll to the Related Services section.
  3. Select Tax information slips (T4 and more).
  4. On the Tax information slips (T4 and more) page, select a tax year and the information slip you wish to view (you can also select All slips to view all slips issued that year).
  5. Select Next.
  6. Under the table's Type column, locate the document you wish to view and select the Original link to view it.

If you aren’t registered for the service, call 1-800-959-8281 to find out how to get a copy of your slips from prior years.

Note: If you're using a My Service Canada Account and elect to receive your tax slips online, you won't automatically be notified when they become available. To reactivate the mail option, select the tax slip mailing option in your My Service Canada Account. Any changes to your tax slip preferences made after the first week of January will take effect the following year.

More like this

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads