If you’re having trouble activating your TurboTax software using the internet, you can instead try activating using our automated telephone activation.
To do so, follow the steps below:
- After launching your version of TurboTax CD/download, click CANCEL on the internet activation screen.
- Select the telephone activation option on the following screen, then click Next.
- You will then need to type in the following information: your Product IKC, Computer ID (found on the TurboTax screen), Activation Code, and the method of activation server you prefer (in this case, Prod).
- Select the button labeled Give me my code! to continue
- Once your code is generated, type it into your version of TurboTax, then click Next.
- You will be notified once your activation is complete with the following screen. Simply click Finish and you're done!
If you have received the following error when trying to activate your TurboTax product online, you may have your TLS 1.2/1.1 disabled within your Internet Explorer.
To confirm that TLS 1.2/1.1 is enabled (and to enable it if it is disabled), use the following steps:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Go to the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options.
- Select the Advanced tab and scroll down to the Security section.
- Check to see if you have TLS 1.2/1.1 enabled (checked). If not, check the box to enable it then select OK.
- Close Internet Explorer.
- Open you TurboTax software again to verify the original concern has been resolved.