I received government benefits but haven't receive...

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

Français English
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I received government benefits but haven't received a paper slip. What do I do?

Unless you opted specifically to receive a paper copy of your T-slips and RL-slips, they'll only be accessible online via the following services:

Note:  If you're using My Service Canada Account and elected to receive your tax slips online, you won't automatically be notified when they become available. To reactivate the mail option, select the Tax slip mailing option in your My Service Canada Account. Any changes to your tax slip preferences made after the first week of January will take effect the following year.

If you’ve lost or misplaced a slip for the current year, contact your employer or the issuer of the slip for a paper copy.

Using TurboTax? If you're registered for one of the online services listed above, you can import your tax slips directly into the software by using the auto-fill feature. Here's how:

For the TurboTax online edition

For the TurboTax CD/download edition


Statement of Employment Insurance and Other Benefits (T4E)

If you received Employment Insurance in 2020 and already have a My Service Canada Account, you can view and print your T4E slips as of February 2021 by logging in to your account using these instructions.

You can also call Service Canada at 1-800-206-7218 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Eastern Time, or go to a Service Canada Office Center to request a duplicate T4E (by appointment only).


Statement of Canada Pension Plan, Canada Pension Plan Disability or Old Age Security benefits (T4A(P), T4A(OAS))

You can view and print your T4A slips in My Service Canada Account or request various documents (e.g., entitlement letters, benefit letters, personal access codes, tax slips, etc.) by calling the phone numbers listed below (be sure to have your Social Insurance Number on hand):

Canada Pension Plan (CPP)

Canada and USA toll-free: 1-800-277-9914
Canada and USA TTY: 1-800-255-4786
Outside Canada and USA: 1-613-957-1954 (Call collect)

Old Age Security (OAS)

Canada and USA toll-free: 1-800-277-9914
Canada and USA TTY: 1-800-255-4786
Outside Canada and the United States: 1-613-957-1954 (Call collect)

If you're missing slips for employment income or benefits received in 2020 as part of the Canada Emergency Response Benefit program (CERB), the Canada Emergency Student Benefit program (CESB), the Canada Recovery Benefit program (CRB), the Canada Recovery Sickness Benefit program (CRSB), or the Canada Recovery Caregiving Benefit program (CRCB), you can access them online via your CRA My Account for the 2020 tax year or call 1-800-959-8281.

To find out how to register for CRA My Account for Individuals, follow this link.

If you live in the Province of Quebec, you can access your RL-slips online either through Revenu Quebec’s My Account for Individuals or clicSÉQUR online services.

To find out how to register for or sign in to My Account for Individuals or cliqSÉCUR online services, click here.

If you don’t have access to online services, you can contact Revenu Quebec from 10 am to 4:30 pm at one of the following numbers: 418-266-1016 (Québec City area), 514-940-1481 (Montréal area), 1-855-291-6467 (elsewhere).


If you’re registered for CRA My Account for Individuals, you should be able to access all of your slips for the current and past 6 years online. Here’s how:

  1. Go to the My Account for Individuals page and sign in using one of the following 3 options:
    * Option 1 – Using one of our Sign-In Partners
    * Option 2 – Using a CRA user ID and password
    * Option 3 – Using a BC Services Card
  2. On the Overview page, scroll down to the Related Services section located on the right side of the screen
  3. Click on Tax information slips (T4 and more). This will take you to the Tax information slips (T4 and more) page
  4. On the Tax information slips (T4 and more) page, select a tax year and the information slip you wish to view (you can also select All slips to view all slips issued that year)
  5. Click next
  6. Under the table Type column, locate the document you wish to view and click on the Original link to view it

If you aren’t registered for the service, you can call 1-800-959-8281 to find out how to get a copy of your slips from prior years.

Related Information:

How do I register for CRA’s My Account service?

What tax slips can I download through the CRA’s Auto-fill My Return service?

COVID-19: Tax Info Centre

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Returning? Sign in