turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rbeckford134
Returning Member

Can I purchase FREE Edition ($0 Fed. $0 State. $0 to file), plus benefits for $30.00, and LIVE BASIC for $90.00 to receive full-support for filing my taxes?

While filing my taxes, sometimes I become unsure about a question. Due to how expensive the TurboTax software is, I want to be able to find the cheapest or most affordable way to obtain tax help.

That's why, I believe FREE EDITION ($0 Fed. $0 State. $0 to file) would benefit me because I can review my own-taxes and file them myself. But, paying $90.00 for LIVE BASIC, I can have relief that a tax expert can go through my taxes, along with me, to make sure I'm filling out the information correctly.

Why this option could be cheaper, I could avoid the additional fee to pay each state, separately, for where I live or work.

Instead, I can submit my own taxes on my own, using TurboTax, because I'd already have the FREE EDITION on my account.

To be transparent, I have no clue if this is possible or if the platform allows me to cross-purchase and use their tools towards my needs. But, due to how expensive this platform is, it's in my best interest to find the most affordable way to pay my taxes.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Can I purchase FREE Edition ($0 Fed. $0 State. $0 to file), plus benefits for $30.00, and LIVE BASIC for $90.00 to receive full-support for filing my taxes?

Currently you would need to use TurboTax Basic as it is the lowest version available that also comes with TurboTax Live. We had a promotion for TurboTax Free with Free Live help but that promotion has expired. Please see this for more information: https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/live/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rbeckford134
Returning Member

After purchasing TurboTax Basic, can I still purchase TurboTax FREE Edition? TurboTax Free Edition will allow me to do my own simple-return taxes and submit them for free. I want to know if I could use both programs to satisfy my tax filing needs.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies