turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

duckture

I already paid for Turbotax online and an extension. The extension passed and now it's telling me I have to pay to download software to complete my return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I already paid for Turbotax online and an extension. The extension passed and now it's telling me I have to pay to download software to complete my return?

If you already paid for 2021 Online TurboTax, you shouldn't have to pay again.  Customer Support should provide you a download of the 2021 software so you can finish.   Here's how to phone them during business hours:   5AM-5PM Pacific, Mon-Fri.

Then log into your Online account and go to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" and download the *.tax2021 data file you started online, and then you can open it in the software. 

NOTE:   If your 2021 tax data file has a state return in it, you'll need to also download the state program into your software before opening the file, or it will give you an error message.   To do that, you can start a dummy 2021 return just long enough to download the state software.

duckture

Thanks @mesquitebean , appreciate the help! 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies