turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

If turbotax says my return is accepted by the irs, can it still be rejected later?

I filed singe my taxes have never taken this long they showed accepted on the turbo tax site but when I checked the refund as of today still processing. 

I also did my niece taxes this year and she is having the same issue, I know people who used different tax sites after me and they have already received their return

Should we all the IRS are just wait never had this happen to me?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

If turbotax says my return is accepted by the irs, can it still be rejected later?

Everyone's filing status is different, so each return can take a unique amount of time. 

As long as your return is showing accepted here, then you will just need to wait. 

Most refunds are issued within 21 days after acceptance. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I'm going through the same thing I files Feb 8th the irs accepted it on the 12th and still no update or refund

My return was accepted on February 12

I received my 500.00 advance that same day.

when I check where's my refund

It says still processing a refund date will be provided when available.

Smh I never had this problem before

I do need my money😥

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Where’s My Refund? does have the most up to date information available about your refund. The tool is updated daily (usually overnight) so you will just usually need to check once a day.

If you check back with Where's My Refund? once the IRS has processed and approved your refund you will see that date the when the remaining refund funds will be released.

@Kdivekay

Donnafay

What does it mean when I check on my status of refund,  it says information does not match. It does match though.  All my info was entered correct . I filed 5 days ago and it hasn't changed.. so frustrating I think 

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@Donnafay Please wait at least 24-48 hours after your return has been accepted by the IRS, then go to www.irs.gov/refunds to check the status of your refund.

Sometimes it may take a little longer or the website could be experiencing an outage.

If there is no record of your return, or the system says the information is wrong, please make sure you are entering the correct social security number, filing status, and refund amount.

To verify your Social Security Number:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.

To verify your refund amount:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 14a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 14a.

To verify your filing status:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1, Line 1.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1, Line 1.

If you cannot track your refund on the IRS refund tool despite confirming your information is correct, please click here for some more tips.

Same situation here!!! It’s ridiculous!!! Any update?

Nope!!!!!

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Refunds take about 21 days after the IRS has accepted your E-filed tax return. Please see below for more information. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/00/25589

If it has been more than 21 days, please see below for reasons as to why your refund may be taking longer.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/what-if-my-irs-refund-is-taking-longer-than-21-...

I’m having the same issue. I filed January 16th and it got accepted on February 10th. I called the IRS and was told it got kicked back due to an error and they would try to fix it within 4 days and if not they will send a letter for what they need. The department has had it for 2 weeks with no update and the gentleman couldn’t give me any answers on what the error was or any time frame so now I’m stuck in limbo just waiting. 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, unfortunately you will need to wait on either a letter or an updated status on Where's My Refund

@Leelee8807

What number did you call?

The only irs number I could find. The one that ends in 1040. I found a thread on here that showed all the steps to get to a live person.

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Individuals can call the IRS at (800) 829-1040, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. your local time.

Here are some tips when contacting the IRS:

• First choose your language
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

Please see this TurboTax FAQ on what to have ready before you contact the IRS: What do I need if I call the IRS?

@Dawright

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies