turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

didi2025

Marital Status changed

I divorced in 2020 and am filing Head of Household for 2020. In 2019 my my ex husband and i filed Married filing jointly, however i did not work in 2019.   He was the sole provider.  I am trying to e file my return and it is asking for the AGI on 2019 return so i am confused and not sure if i should enter the AGI from our joint return from last year or enter zero.  Please help.

Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Marital Status changed

Since you filed as Married Filing Jointly in 2019, you enter the 2019 AGI as shown on the 2019 federal tax return Form 1040 Line 8b.

xmasbaby0
Level 15
Intuit Approved! This answer has been verified for accuracy by an Intuit expert employee

Marital Status changed

It does not matter that you did not work in 2019.   If you filed a joint return for 2019 the AGI is the same for both spouses.   Your 2019 AGI is on line 8b of your 2019 tax return.    There have been lots of rejections for AGI though so if the correct AGI does not work for you, try using zero.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
didi2025

Marital Status changed

Thank you so much for responding so quickly.  I greatly appreciate it! 🙂

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies